Christmas Party Pinwheels Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (.4 ounces) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup minced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 to 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and dressing mix until smooth. Add red pepper, celery, onions and olives; mix well. Spread about 3/4 cup on each tortilla. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 15-20 servings.
1 serving (4 each) equals 80 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Party Pinwheels
"This was terrific. I added a jalapeno for some spice to half of the pinwheels. Both were great."
"Its festive looking and vegetarian!"
"Easy to make and so delicious. They disappear quickly!"
"The second time I made these, I added a thin slice of boiled ham after spreading on the cheese mixture then continued with the recipe. Granted, it no longer vegetarian, but it's good."
"This recipes is always a hit even when like tonight...I just realized I forgot the olives and I still got 3 requests for the recipe!"
"These are so good!! I always get compliments and rave reviews on these when I bring them anywhere."
"Loved it! The first time I made it for a party, I was asked for the recipe by two people. One comment re: ranch dressing mix... What is point 4 (.4) ounces? I used one package which is one (1.0) ounce. Followed recipe exactly. Rave reviews."
"sorry about the spelling ~ "tortillas"!"
"Loved recipe as submitted. Some family members aren't fans of flour totillas though, so used thin sliced ham. Tastey, but not nearly as pretty - I prefer the original idea ~ thanks for the recipe"
"I don't like olives and substitued green onions instead. They were delicious!!"
"Re: Christmas Party PinwheelsGreat with sliced black olives!!!gamaofcalli"
"Great for potlucks or for taking to someones home for appetizers. Everyone loves these. They are a big hit."
"I agree 100%!!! I also ommit the olives and add shredded chedder cheese.the plate is always wiped out at gatherings!"
"I have made these more times than I can count. They always go over very well and are requested for every gathing. Make a double batch if there will be hearty eaters at your party."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.