Christmas Morning Pie Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Place half of mixture in each pastry shell. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and pepper.
- 2. Pour half over sausage in each shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 268 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Christmas Morning Pie
"This was really good as is. Next time I make I'll probably use ham because my husband isn't a sausage lover. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing."
"I made this for my all my extended family this year at Christmas. I exchanged the sausage with bacon and the swiss cheese with chedder when I doubled the recipe.It was fabulous both ways!"