Christmas Morning Pie
I first made this festive breakfast pie when entertaining friends on Christmas morning. Each year I was asked to make my famous "Christmas Morning Pie" and the name stuck! But because of its great flavor, I make it year-round.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Place half of mixture in
- each pastry shell. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion
- and pepper.
- Pour half over sausage in each shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 268 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.