Christmas Morning Pie Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Place half of mixture in each pastry shell. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and pepper.
- Pour half over sausage in each shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Morning Pie(2)
Sort By :
This was really good as is. Next time I make I'll probably use ham because my husband isn't a sausage lover. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.
I made this for my all my extended family this year at Christmas. I exchanged the sausage with bacon and the swiss cheese with chedder when I doubled the recipe.
It was fabulous both ways!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >