- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Dot with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, water, juice and salt; pour over apple mixture. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Morning Oatmeal
Sort By :
"This was a little too sweet for my taste. I love the idea of cooking in the slow cooker the night before. So I'm going to be changing the recipe to fit my taste. But I thought there was a little too much cinnamon and nutmeg in it."
"Very good but too tart, I made with substituting half of the juice for water & still too strong for me. I will use this recipe again & vary it some. My hubby liked it :)"