Christmas Morning Frittata Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in tomatoes and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in reserved vegetables.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 174 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Christmas Morning Frittata
"My family loves this version of frittata for brunch or a light dinner - very good!"
"I added ham and a couple extra eggs and used cheddar cheese instead of mozarella for this recipe. It was very good. Will make again."