- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in tomatoes and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in reserved vegetables.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Christmas Morning Frittata
Sort By :
"My family loves this version of frittata for brunch or a light dinner - very good!"
"I added ham and a couple extra eggs and used cheddar cheese instead of mozarella for this recipe. It was very good. Will make again."
"My family loves this frittata! It has become one of our Christmas morning traditions. We all look forward to having this for breakfast after opening presents. I do add sausage and an extra egg or two and it is delicious!"