Christmas breakfast is especially merry when this colorful frittata is on the menu. It's easy to assemble, so it's perfect for busy mornings.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in tomatoes and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in reserved vegetables.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Morning Frittata in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p11
Reviews for Christmas Morning Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review