- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter, divided
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Melt 1/4 cup butter; set aside. Combine 1 cup flour, sugar and salt; add to yeast mixture. Add the milk, 1 egg and melted butter; beat until smooth.
- Place remaining flour in a large bowl; cut in remaining butter until crumbly. Add yeast mixture; mix well. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead about six times. Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 16-in. circle; cut each circle into eight wedges.
- Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Beat water and remaining egg; brush over rolls. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 32 rolls.
Reviews for Christmas Morning Croissants
Sort By :
"perfectly buttery and light. made these on greased foil sheet and bottom came out too dark, but on wax paper they were perfectly browned."
"excellant, made for Easter and everyone loved them"
"They did not grow but were good nevertheless. I made them with blueberry filling."
"These croissants are SO good! They are so light and buttery. I love them."
"Easy and great. I prepared these for a brunch and they all went."