Christmas Morning Coffee Cake Recipe
Bananas and cranberry sauce make every slice of this pretty coffee cake moist and marvelous. You could also serve slices as dessert along with vanilla ice cream.—Rosemary Snyder, Kenosha, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Combine the eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Place the cranberry sauce in a bowl; stir. Spread over batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 339 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC