Bananas and cranberry sauce make every slice of this pretty coffee cake moist and marvelous. You could also serve slices as dessert along with vanilla ice cream.—Rosemary Snyder, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Combine the eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Place the cranberry sauce in a bowl; stir. Spread over batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Morning Coffee Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p46
Reviews for Christmas Morning Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review