Christmas Morning Coffee Cake Recipe
Bananas and cranberry sauce make every slice of this pretty coffee cake moist and marvelous. You could also serve slices as dessert along with vanilla ice cream.Rosemary Snyder, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Combine the eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Place the cranberry sauce in a bowl; stir. Spread over batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cranberry sauce. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Morning Coffee Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p46
Reviews for Christmas Morning Coffee Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review