Nothing smells better than warm molasses cookies baking on a cold winter day! These cookies look lovely when they're cut out in holiday shapes.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter. Blend in orange juice, corn syrup and molasses. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Roll dough, a portion at a time, on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will be soft and chewy if baked 12 minutes; crunchy if baked longer. Yield: 6-7 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies).
Originally published as Christmas Molasses Cookies in Country December/January 1994, p51
Reviews for Christmas Molasses Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2009
"The cookies are crunchy when baked but soften up. They are perfect to freeze and delicious."