Your guests will say, "Oh how cute," not "Eek!" when they spot mouse-shaped truffles on your dessert tray. The little goodies are easy to make with Oreos and just a few other ingredients.
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries (with stems)
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or pine nuts
- Colored nonpareils or pearl dragees
- Place cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese; process until blended. (Keep unused mixture covered at all times with a damp cloth.)
- Working with a few at a time, shape 2 teaspoons cookie mixture around a cherry, tapering to resemble a mouse. Sprinkle with wafer crumbs. Add almonds for ears and nonpareils for eyes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Mice Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p147
Reviews for Christmas Mice Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review