- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries (with stems)
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or pine nuts
- Colored nonpareils or pearl dragees
- Place cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese; process until blended. (Keep unused mixture covered at all times with a damp cloth.)
- Working with a few at a time, shape 2 teaspoons cookie mixture around a cherry, tapering to resemble a mouse. Sprinkle with wafer crumbs. Add almonds for ears and nonpareils for eyes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Christmas Mice Truffles
"I made these little cuties for a Christmas potluck at work. They were an absolute hit! Everyone kept commenting on how adorable they were. The truffles were a bit tricky at first, but once I got into a routine they were easy to assemble. I used gold dragees for the eyes, which were cute. I also substituted finely crushed chocolate animal crackers for the wafer coating. The taste of the truffles were good, but I think I might add an extract for more "oomph" next time. Maybe mint, orange, almond, etc. Thanks for sharing this adorable recipe!"