- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 36 red nonpareils
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 18 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1 cup wafer crumbs and sour cream. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Place remaining wafer crumbs in a shallow bowl. For each mouse, roll about 1 tablespoon crumb mixture into a ball; taper one end to resemble a mouse. Roll in wafer crumbs to coat. Attach nonpareils for eyes, sliced almonds for ears and licorice pieces for tails. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Christmas Mice Cookies
"These are so easy and everyone thought they were so cute! They were delicious, too!"
"I make these cookies every year. I use Archway Dutch Cocoa cookies - I put the cookies in a food processor. Once the cookie crumbs, sour cream and chocolate are mixed I refrigerate for a couple hours before they can actually be handled without a mess. These little treats CAN be frozen without any problem. Although the grandkids are getting older, they still love these little guys."
"These are so cute! I made them for Christmas this year. I couldn't find chocolate Nilla wafers so I used chocolate graham crackers."
"I made these at Christmas time and they were a hit, I even made heart shaped ones for my hubby for Valentines day. And i plan to make again and again, LOVE EM.Used chocolate teddy grahams as the cookie since i can't find chocolate nilla wafers. And it's great!"
"made mine with choc-covered marchino cherries with stems, mounted on 1/2 sandwich cookie. SUPER HIT FOR ALL. ALREADY GOT REQUESTS BY COOKIE-SELLERS AT CHURCH FOR NEXT YEAR."
"Used "Chocolate Cats" cookies from Trader Joe's for the chocolate wafer cookies. Did not make the mice but made "truffles" out of this super easy recipe and rolled them in a variety of crumbs - graham cracker crumbs, coconut, finely crushed candy canes and finely chopped pecans. Very pretty and tasty! Tripled the recipe."
"This was an awesome recipe!! I acctualy made this one with my kids and didnt feel like screaming lol. They taste great too. We made 3 dif kinds cuz we have a big family. we made them with white chips and gram cracker and with peanutbutter chips and gram crackers they are all great thanks so much fior sharing this one!!!!! It will be made again!"
"I made these for a Christmas party they were not only cute but also very tasty. I used chocolate graham crackers, then I made a batch using regular graham crackers. What a hoot! I'm making more for another party next week. Love them little mice"
"An absolute blast to make with children. We ate them by holding them by their tales. Lots of giggles. Oh yeah, they taste very good too."
"Grandchildren loved them. Can they be frozen??"