Christmas Mice Cookies Recipe
These whimsical little cuties taste like truffles. Every Christmas, we make sure to have enough for friends and neighbors. —Deborah Zabor, Fort Erie, ON
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:18 servings
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 36 red nonpareils
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 18 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1 cup wafer crumbs and sour cream. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- 2. Place remaining wafer crumbs in a shallow bowl. For each mouse, roll about 1 tablespoon crumb mixture into a ball; taper one end to resemble a mouse. Roll in wafer crumbs to coat. Attach nonpareils for eyes, sliced almonds for ears and licorice pieces for tails. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 135 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC