Christmas Meatballs Recipe
Cranberry sauce and brown sugar create a tangy glaze for moist meatballs that are good as an appetizer or as a main dish over rice. "We love them so much, I prepare them year-round," says Joyce Bentley of Redlands, California.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a bowl, combine eggs, soup mix, bread crumbs, cranberries and parsley. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 12 to 14 balls on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- 2. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, rotating once. Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 215 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC