- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine eggs, soup mix, bread crumbs, cranberries and parsley. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 12 to 14 balls on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, rotating once. Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Christmas Meatballs
Sort By :
"Loved'em & everyone else did too !"
"I use a crockpot for this recipe. I fill a 4 quart crockpot full of frozen meatballs and double the sauce recipe and cook on high for about 4 hours. Delish! Everyone at our house loves the altered version of Christmas Meatballs."
"Simple and delicious. I used a crockpot as I cannot stand the taste of microwaved meat."
"I thought the onion soup mix came thru as the dominant taste in these meatballs. Overall, they had a very good flavor & the sauce was tasty - sweet, but not overly sweet. I don't like making things in the microwave, so I baked the meatballs in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, & made the sauce on the stovetop."
"Absolutely easy to make and everyone just loved them."