Christmas Meatballs Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine eggs, soup mix, bread crumbs, cranberries and parsley. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 12 to 14 balls on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, rotating once. Gently stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Christmas Meatballs(6)
Sort By :
I use a crockpot for this recipe. I fill a 4 quart crockpot full of frozen meatballs and double the sauce recipe and cook on high for about 4 hours. Delish! Everyone at our house loves the altered version of Christmas Meatballs.
Simple and delicious. I used a crockpot as I cannot stand the taste of microwaved meat.
I thought the onion soup mix came thru as the dominant taste in these meatballs. Overall, they had a very good flavor & the sauce was tasty - sweet, but not overly sweet. I don't like making things in the microwave, so I baked the meatballs in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, & made the sauce on the stovetop.
Absolutely easy to make and everyone just loved them.
Made it for family from out of town and saw them disappear in no time.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >