Christmas Goose with Orange Glaze Recipe
Steeped in tradition and rich with flavor, a holiday goose is an impressive centerpiece to your meal. The delicious aroma and tangy orange sauce make this a bird even Scrooge would love. —Terri Draper, Columbus, Montana
- 1 domestic goose (10 to 12 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 small navel oranges, divided
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. Sprinkle goose with salt, sage and pepper; prick skin well with a fork. Cut three oranges into quarters; place in goose cavity. Tuck wings under goose; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. (Cover loosely with foil if goose browns too quickly). If necessary, drain fat from pan as it accumulates.
- 3. Cut peel from remaining oranges into long thin strips; cut oranges into sections, discarding membranes. Set aside.
- 4. Place goose on a serving platter; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir corn syrup and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in orange sections and peel; heat through.
- 5. Brush glaze over goose. Spoon orange sections and peel around goose. Yield: 10 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 725 calories, 47g fat (15g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 55g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Goose with Orange Glaze
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC