Christmas Gelatin Ring Recipe
This colorful salad with its red and green layers is fun to serve for a festive dinner or brunch. It's been my family's favorite for many years- everyone loves the Jell-O and cream cheese combination. It goes with all kinds of entrees.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced pears, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Drain pears, reserving 1 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Stir pears and reserved juice into cherry gelatin. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan or 3-qt. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until nearly set, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 2. In a bowl, dissolve the lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; refrigerate until slightly thickened. Beat in the cream cheese until blended. Pour over the cherry layer.
- 3. In another bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in remaining boiling water. Drain pineapple well, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Stir pineapple and reserved juice into lime gelatin; spoon over lemon layer. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 215 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC