Christmas Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium apples, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Alternately thread fruit onto wooden skewers. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir the egg yolk and syrup until a thermometer reads 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool completely. Fold in the whipped cream. Serve with fruit for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 20 kabobs (about 1 cup sauce).
1 serving (2 each) equals 225 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Fruit Kabobs
"What a hit for Christmas breakfast, had with bacon twists and sausage egg quiches."
"This was a hit with everyone but I used a different dipping sauce made with fruit flavored yogurt. Very colorful and fun to eat."
"I've been making fruit Kabobs for years and have them for Chirstmas dinner or just for any smorgasbord I happen to have, however, I use a little tick for presentation that seems to work out really well. I stick my skewers into a full pineapple, set that in the middle of a serving tray and place all my extra fruit around the bottom of the pineapple whick also helps it stand up."