- 24 double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 red maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- 48 sliced almonds
- 1 small tube green decorative icing gel
- 1 small tube red decorative icing gel
- Carefully twist cookies apart; set aside the halves with cream filling. Save plain halves for another use.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip in melted chocolate, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. Place on the cream filling of cookie, with cherry stem extending beyond cookie edge.
- For ears, place slivered almonds between the cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set. With green gel, pipe holly leaves on the cream. With red gel, pipe holly berries between leaves and pipe eyes on each chocolate kiss. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Reviews for Christmas Eve Mice
Sort By :
everybody loves these little mice. it's easier to use a white chocolate oreo
They were so easy to make, I melted the chocolate and crisco in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water(double boiler ). And keep the water simmering so the chocolate keep warm while we put the mice together . Can't wait to bring them to the party.
These are absolutely adorable!!! Definately making these this year. Thank you for sharing
These are great, take some time. I used chow mein noodles for tails as I had cherries without stems and they still look really cute:-) I pushed them lightly into the frosting so they would hold. One thing I found out is the "tail" should be level with the frosting or the cherry rolls to the side and then it is a mess. Also, I got white frosting and used that to frost the halves with no frosting so as to use the whole cookie. It worked out great, no waste that way.
Learned to make these in a "Wilton" class years ago. Forgot all about it. I will make these again.