Christmas Eve Mice
Assembling these merry mice is so much fun that the kids will definitely want to help. My daughter gave me the recipe, along with a warning...your guests just might think these treats are too cute to eat!
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 24 double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 red maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- 48 sliced almonds
- 1 small tube green decorative icing gel
- 1 small tube red decorative icing gel
- Carefully twist cookies apart; set aside the halves with cream
- filling. Save plain halves for another use.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip in melted chocolate,
- then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. Place on the cream
- filling of cookie, with cherry stem extending beyond cookie edge.
- For ears, place slivered almonds between the cherry and kiss.
- Refrigerate until set. With green gel, pipe holly leaves on the
- cream. With red gel, pipe holly berries between leaves and pipe eyes
- on each chocolate kiss. Store in an airtight container at room