Christmas Eve Confetti Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Christmas Eve Confetti Pasta
Sort By :
"I tried this recipe as is the first time and it was very good. We loved it but we are used to pasta with sauce so I added a little homemade tomato sauce with Italian season and a little spinach Voila! Made I our own. Loved it.Sherryhomemaker"
"Really tasty. It isn't supposed to be drowning in sauce. To spice it up I use more crushed red pepper flakes, fresh ground pepper and salt. I also use green onions with tops I think it brings out the onion flavor more. Also, use fresh parmesan cheese. My husband hates pasta that is over sauced so this fits the bill for him."
"very bland - not enough sauce - no one in my family liked this and we all love pasta dishes. Ended up throwing most of it out and the shrimp was very expensive. What a waste. Will not be making it again."
"It is too dry. I like my pasta with more of a sauce on it. Felt like the sauce needy to be creamy."
"I used fresh pasta and cheese. I also added extra crushed red pepper as we like things a little spicier than most people. Great recipe - I'll be making it again."