- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Christmas Eve Confetti Pasta
"Very good dish!! Loved the flavors and shredded Parmesan. Served with salad and corn on the cob."
"I made this xmas eve and my family loved it that much I made it again new years eve I used prawns because I couldn,t get shrimps we added our own parmesan and I cut lemon wedges for anyone who wanted them we live in england"
"I haven't made this yet. It sounds easy enough, and since I was planning to serve shrimp this evening anyways, I think I'll give it a try, but I'll cut the recipe in half."
"For those who said the shrimp is too bland try buying steamed shrimp from the grocery store and add it to your dish. I do this quite often so the shrimp flavor is enhanced. HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!"
"Excellent! Flavorful, colorful and so simple to make. I had some small multicolor peppers (red, yellow, orange) and used these instead of the red pepper--looked so colorful with the green pepper and shrimp. Will definitely make this again!!!"
"I had some Orange Szechwan flavored pasta and used that instead of plain pasta so I left out the oregano. It was very tasty. The oil covered the pasta so we did not feel the need for a heavy sauce. I put the Parmesan on the table and we added our own cheese to taste.It was a very eye appealing meal and was easy to make"
"I tried this recipe as is the first time and it was very good. We loved it but we are used to pasta with sauce so I added a little homemade tomato sauce with Italian season and a little spinach Voila! Made I our own. Loved it.Sherryhomemaker"
"Really tasty. It isn't supposed to be drowning in sauce. To spice it up I use more crushed red pepper flakes, fresh ground pepper and salt. I also use green onions with tops I think it brings out the onion flavor more. Also, use fresh parmesan cheese. My husband hates pasta that is over sauced so this fits the bill for him."
"very bland - not enough sauce - no one in my family liked this and we all love pasta dishes. Ended up throwing most of it out and the shrimp was very expensive. What a waste. Will not be making it again."