- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Christmas Eve Confetti Pasta
"I made this xmas eve and my family loved it that much I made it again new years eve I used prawns because I couldn,t get shrimps we added our own parmesan and I cut lemon wedges for anyone who wanted them we live in england"
"I haven't made this yet. It sounds easy enough, and since I was planning to serve shrimp this evening anyways, I think I'll give it a try, but I'll cut the recipe in half."
"For those who said the shrimp is too bland try buying steamed shrimp from the grocery store and add it to your dish. I do this quite often so the shrimp flavor is enhanced. HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!"
"set aside a large ladle of the water when the pasta is done. if your pasta seems too dry add this ladle of pasta water to the drained pasta as needed."
"Excellent! Flavorful, colorful and so simple to make. I had some small multicolor peppers (red, yellow, orange) and used these instead of the red pepper--looked so colorful with the green pepper and shrimp. Will definitely make this again!!!"