Christmas Eve Confetti Pasta
This fabulous, easy pasta has become a holiday tradition in our home. All the prep is done before we attend Christmas Eve service. On returning, I just boil water and saute. It's so colorful with a tossed salad and garlic bread—and always gets raves! —Ellen Fiore, Ridgewood, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, saute the peppers, onion, garlic and seasonings in oil until
- vegetables are tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.