Christmas Elf Cake Pops Recipe
Don't you just want to kiss him? This adorable elf will be pop-ular with anyone who loves PB&J flavor. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups canned chocolate fudge frosting
- Additional vanilla frosting, red paste food coloring and dark chocolate and candy cane-flavored kisses
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add jam and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm and easy to handle.
- 3. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. In a microwave, warm vanilla frosting and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spoon over cake pops.
- 4. Tint desired amount of additional vanilla frosting red. Using fudge, vanilla and red frostings, pipe hair and faces; top each with a chocolate or candy cane-flavored kiss hat. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cake pop equals 164 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Elf Cake Pops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC