- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups canned chocolate fudge frosting
- Additional vanilla frosting, red paste food coloring and dark chocolate and candy cane-flavored kisses
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add jam and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm and easy to handle.
- Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. In a microwave, warm vanilla frosting and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spoon over cake pops.
- Tint desired amount of additional vanilla frosting red. Using fudge, vanilla and red frostings, pipe hair and faces; top each with a chocolate or candy cane-flavored kiss hat. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Christmas Elf Cake Pops
Sort By :
"I made these for a kids Christmas party and they disappeared in no time. I did make a few changes. I found that when I dipped the pops in warm frosting, I could never get the frosting to harden. So, I used melted candy coating instead. Also, since I didn't know if anyone at the party would have a peanut allergy, I didn't use peanut butter at all. Instead, I mixed just a tiny bit of brown gel food coloring in with the candy coating to make a skin color."