Christmas Eggnog Pie Recipe
A dear friend always received rave reviews when she served this easy pie. So I knew I needed the recipe! It's great for busy people who still love to make homemade desserts. —Patty Adler, Wray, Colorado
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the eggnog, milk and pudding mix over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in rum and nutmeg. Pour pudding mixture into crust. Chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 287 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC