Christmas Eggnog Pie
A dear friend always received rave reviews when she served this easy pie. So I knew I needed the recipe! It's great for busy people who still love to make homemade desserts. —Patty Adler, Wray, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the eggnog, milk and pudding mix over
- medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and
- cool slightly. Stir in rum and nutmeg. Pour pudding mixture into
- crust. Chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle
- with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 287 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.