Christmas Eggnog Bread
“This bread is better if you make it the day before you plan to serve it,” says Judith Malhotra of Toledo, Ohio. “That gives it time for the flavors to blend.”
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat eggnog
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, eggnog, applesauce and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium,