Christmas Day Chicken Recipe
- 16 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place the chicken in two large resealable plastic bags. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Pour over chicken; seal bags and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Coat chicken with cracker crumbs; place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine oil and butter; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Christmas Day Chicken(19)
Sort By :
Sunday dinners my husband's family gathers for dinner after church. We each take turns making the main dish and I made this and it went over pretty well. I needed more than 2 cups of cracker crumbs, and i did substitute some of the "salts" for powders, but all in all it was easy to make and people liked it.
So good, perfect for a large extended family and having guests over! I would make it again!
We often have almost 30 people at our house for Christmas dinner so I appreciate the large recipe. Just do the math and reduce if it's too much.
This recipe sounds delicious, but 16 servings is too much. I would halve the ingredients for 8 servings and quarter the ingredients for 4 servings. I believe this would work out fine. I will let you know when I try it.