Christmas Day Chicken Recipe
- 16 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place the chicken in two large resealable plastic bags. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Pour over chicken; seal bags and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Coat chicken with cracker crumbs; place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine oil and butter; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Christmas Day Chicken
Sort By :
"Very, very good recipe! I cut the breasts into quarters and tenderized them with a meat mallet. And I cooked them in a pan with a rack, which kept the crumb coating even and crispy. Also very tasty warmed over the next day."
"Sunday dinners my husband's family gathers for dinner after church. We each take turns making the main dish and I made this and it went over pretty well. I needed more than 2 cups of cracker crumbs, and i did substitute some of the "salts" for powders, but all in all it was easy to make and people liked it."
"So good, perfect for a large extended family and having guests over! I would make it again!"
"We often have almost 30 people at our house for Christmas dinner so I appreciate the large recipe. Just do the math and reduce if it's too much."