I've been fixing this delicious chicken for Christmas dinner for over 10 years. It's convenient since you refrigerate it overnight, then simply coat with crumbs and bake. It comes out crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
- 16 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place the chicken in two large resealable plastic bags. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Pour over chicken; seal bags and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Coat chicken with cracker crumbs; place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine oil and butter; drizzle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Day Chicken in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Christmas Day Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review