Christmas Cutouts with White Chocolate Glaze Recipe
“I made these cookies for my daughter’s Winter Gala sorority event,“ writes Kathy Witherup from Villa Hills, Kentucky. “They look exquisite with their smooth white chocolate glaze...and they taste great too!“
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint with food coloring. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe designs on cookies. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 40 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC