Christmas Cutouts with White Chocolate Glaze Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint with food coloring. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe designs on cookies. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Cutouts in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p17
Reviews for Christmas Cutouts with White Chocolate Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2008
"add shortening to keep the white chocolate thin and spreadable.use an ice cream scoop for equal sized cookie dough balls. Dip scoop into cold water between scoopings to ensure the dough releases easily every time.roll only a protion of the dough at a time and keep the remaining dough in the fridge."