Christmas Crunch Salad Recipe
With its creamy dressing and colorful vegetables, this salad is lovely and refreshing. Make it before you head out caroling, and when you return, guests' compliments will be music to your ears. -Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:16-18 servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine vegetables. Whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 121 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC