Christmas Crunch Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine vegetables. Whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Crunch Salad
Sort By :
"I made this during the summer with fresh vegetables from our garden. Delicious, healthy, colorful addition to our cookout !"
"I cut the dressing in 1/2 for a lower calorie alternative."
"I made this salad when it first appeared in 1996. My husband loved it so I kept the magazine all these years. When I prepared to make the salad my magazine had disappeared. I am so happy to have the recipe again."
"this is one of my grandsons very favorate salads! made it many times everyone asks for the recipe!!"
"Our daughter is hosting our Christmas family gathering and I'll be presenting this lovely salad in a glass decorative bowl as pictured. I make the Ranch Dip instead of the dressing in the recipe and add fresh lemon juice instead of the vinegar, sugar to taste and lemon pepper seasoning to taste in place of the salt & pepper. It is a very festive addition to a Holiday buffet table."