You might find that this yummy gelatin salad is one side dish pretty enough to steal top billing! It's cool, crunchy and refreshing and adds a splash of Christmas color to any table. Garnish with lettuce, orange slices and sugared cranberries.
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange or lemon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling water. Stir in the cold water, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in the orange, almonds and cranberry mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Invert onto a lettuce-lined serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Cranberry Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p28
Reviews forChristmas Cranberry Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review