Christmas Cranberry Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange or lemon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling water. Stir in the cold water, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in the orange, almonds and cranberry mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Invert onto a lettuce-lined serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Cranberry Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p28
Reviews for Christmas Cranberry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2009
Made this to add to my Christmas dinner. Went over well. Used lime jello for color and tasted fine. Very colorful addition to my meal