Christmas Cranberry Rolls Recipe
Cranberries are one of my family's favorite foods, and this is a much-requested recipe. I've been making these pretty sweet rolls for almost 3 years. —Margery Rice, Bedford, New Hampshire
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped citron or mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk and oil to 120°-130°. Add to the dry ingredients; mix well. Add egg; beat well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread into two greased 9-in. round baking pans; set aside. Combine cranberries, citron, pecans and lemon peel; sprinkle over brown sugar mixture.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 30 pieces; roll each piece into a 1-1/2-in. ball. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Place melted butter in another bowl, Roll each ball in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place 15 balls in each pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 375° for 22-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plates. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC