- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice and bourbon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until berries pop and mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and orange peel. Ladle hot mixture into four hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 4 half-pints.
Reviews for Christmas Cranberries
Sort By :
"I prepared this and gave some to my friends as gifts. They were so impressed and requested that I make more!"
"I just made this recipe. I did a double batch, and it worked great. It made 20 1/2-cup jars (ndividual servings). It tastes great and cooks so long that the alcohol must mostly evaporate. I made the recipe as given--no changes except the doubling."
"I am excited to try this recipe for holiday giving and have loaded it into my Taste of Home Recipe box, but don't want to use the bourbon, here is the substitution I plan to use:For ¼ cup bourbon, substitute: ¼ cup Sparkling apple cider; sparkling cranberry juice; or sparkling grape juice. These are non-alcoholic but carbonated, non-carbonated would work also!"