Christmas Cottages Recipe
- 19 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Assorted candies
- For roofs, break six graham crackers in half, forming 12 squares. Using a serrated knife, cut four squares diagonally in half, forming eight triangles.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #4 round pastry tip. Fill the bag with chocolate frosting. Pipe frosting on the short edges of two triangles; attach two squares. Repeat three times. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Frost roofs with vanilla frosting and decorate with candies as desired.
- For short cottages, break four graham crackers in half, forming eight squares. Pipe chocolate frosting along one side of front of cottage and the adjoining side wall. Place walls at right angles to each other. Repeat with second side section and back. Repeat for second cottage. Let stand until set.
- For tall cottages, using whole crackers, pipe chocolate frosting along a long side of front of cottage and the adjoining side wall. Place walls at right angles to each other. Repeat with second side section and back. Repeat for second cottage. Let stand until set.
- Cut doors from remaining cracker. Attach roofs and doors to cottages with chocolate frosting. Decorate as desired with candies and remaining frosting. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 cottages.
Originally published as Christmas Cottages in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p100
Reviews for Christmas Cottages
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review