Christmas Cookies in a Jar Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the sugar and brown sugar, packing well between each layer. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; spoon into jar. Top with oats, cranberries and chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine. Beat in butter, egg and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drop by the tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 188 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Cookies in a Jar
"Not only perfect for Hostess gifts at Christmas time, but handy to have when guests drop in at lathe last minute. Everything premeasured making whipping up a batch of fresh baked cookies a breeze!"
"Made this for a Valentine's Day gift! Beautiful!"
"I made this as teacher/daycare provider gifts. My daughter's daycare provider told me yesterday that they were FABULOUS cookies. She ended up making bar cookies out of them to save on time, and they turned out good that way, too."
"Absolutely delicious. Making for Christmas fair. I had to try them out numerous times to make sure they were good enough, but someone has to do it. Really, really flavorful and they're hard to stop eating!"
"I am making about 15 of these as Christmas gifts for friends this year. It is an easy gift to prepare, and it looks so festive. Thanks for the great idea!"