Christmas Cookies in a Jar Recipe
With layers of vanilla chips, oats and dried cranberries, this delectable cookie mix looks as good as it tastes! For a special gift, tuck a jar in a pretty basket with wooden spoon, cookie sheet, kitchen timer and instructions.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the sugar and brown sugar, packing well between each layer. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; spoon into jar. Top with oats, cranberries and chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine. Beat in butter, egg and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drop by the tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 188 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Cookies in a Jar
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC