Christmas Cookie Train
Get the entire family involved with a delightfully edible activity that's been Test Kitchen approved! The cookies and frosting are easy to work with, letting your gang focus on having fun!
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 tube refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Green, red, yellow and brown paste food coloring
- Assorted decorations: Peppermint candies, M&M's, mini vanilla wafers, animal crackers and red shoestring licorice
- In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. On a
- lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. With a
- sharp knife, cut out six 4-in. x 3-in. rectangles; save scraps.
- Place rectangles 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Reroll dough
- scraps; cut out a 2-in. x 1-1/2-in. rectangle for engine cab, a
- 1-1/4-in. x 1/2-in. rectangle for smokestack and a 1-1/2-in.
- triangle for cowcatcher. Attach to one rectangle; gently press seams
- to seal.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar,
- milk and vanilla until creamy. Set aside 1 cup. Tint 3 tablespoons
- frosting green, 3 tablespoons red and 1 tablespoon yellow. Tint the