In our family, this is a must-have side dish for Christmas dinner. The colorful slaw combines sweet, crunchy and nutty ingredients with tongue-tingling results. It's such a refreshing counterpoint to our meaty main course. —Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, BC
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, apple, almonds and cherries; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, milk, applesauce, salt, paprika and pepper until blended. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in mandarin oranges. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Coleslaw in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p137
Reviews for Christmas Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2017
"What a delicious recipe! I didn't have any almonds on hand so I substituted cashews. My husband and I really enjoyed this coleslaw and I will definitely be making it again!"