Christmas Cocoa Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 5 chocolate mint candy canes, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk and drink mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 tablespoon crushed candy canes for garnish. Stir remaining candy canes into cocoa; keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Ladle cocoa into mugs. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with reserved crushed candy canes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 823 calories, 43g fat (27g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 107g carbohydrate (92g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Cocoa
"Delicious! The light topping is worth the extra (simple) step. Fun and easy for kids too!"
"This is delicious. We always bring some with us to sip while we look at Christmas lights."