Christmas Cocoa Recipe
“A sprinkling of crushed candy cane lends a festive touch to this creamy hot cocoa…or place a chocolate mint candy cane in each mug as a stirrer,” suggests Lori Daniels of Beverly, West Virginia. TIP: Serve this heartwarming beverage with Christmas cookies to welcome friends in from the cold after skating, sledding or caroling.
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 5 chocolate mint candy canes, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk and drink mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 tablespoon crushed candy canes for garnish. Stir remaining candy canes into cocoa; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Ladle cocoa into mugs. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with reserved crushed candy canes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Cocoa in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p27
Reviews for Christmas Cocoa(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2012
This is delicious served with Christmas cookies. I could not find the chocolate mint candy canes so I just used the regular peppermint.
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2009
This is delicious. We always bring some with us to sip while we look at Christmas lights.