Christmas Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Christmas Eve wouldn't be complete without my dad's chicken cordon bleu! My husband tries all year to talk Dad into also making this scrumptious main dish for other occasions. It's a definite family favorite.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 thin slices fully cooked ham, halved
- 3 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Flatten chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness; layer each with one piece of ham and one piece of cheese. Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and paprika. In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs.
- 3. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter. Add broth and parsley. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. Remove toothpicks. Place rice on a serving platter; top with chicken and keep warm. Combine soup and sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 316 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,005 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Chicken Cordon Bleu
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC